PROVIDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF PHARMACY SERVICES TODAY!
Procare LTC Pharmacy is a unique organization because we have taken our 30 years of combined understanding of institutional pharmacy and applied our knowledge to create systems that truly address the issues most facilities have. We then put it into one basic formula for customer satisfaction.
The Lowest Cost + Greatest Accuracy + On Time Delivery = Customer Confidence & Satisfaction
⦁ Traditional pharmacy products (pills, tablets, injectables, creams, eyedrops etc...)
⦁ Intravenous services.
⦁ TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition).
⦁ Over the counter products.
⦁ Specialty medications.
⦁ Customized medication packaging.
⦁ Pharmacy information services.
⦁ Medication carts.
⦁ Procare LTC pharmacy services are available: 24 hours/day, 365 days/year.
⦁ Delivery schedules are tailored to customer needs.
⦁ Access to Procare LTC pharmacists to provide answers to questions.
⦁ Information systems allow 24 hour/day access to resident information via a web portal.
⦁ Traditional fax communication in a paperless environment.
⦁ Computerized physician order entry and EMR interfaces
⦁ Pharmacy representatives schedule regular meetings with your facility.
⦁ Monthly reviews are scheduled to review your pharmacy costs to keep them as low as possible.
⦁ Regional symposiums in the Fall and Spring in each state we service.
⦁ Monthly newsletter keeping you up to date on nursing facility current news and events.
⦁ Monthly and On Demand Webinars (CE Eligible).
⦁ Monthly and On Demand in person in-services and educational events (CE Eligible).
⦁ Monthly educational dinner programs featuring speakers and/or drug news and topics.
⦁ IV Education Classes – Certificate Classes – contact hours awarded.
Procare I.V. Services
• Procare LTC Pharmacy has established a medication ordering process dedicated specifically for IV medication orders.
• This ordering process allows Procare LTC Pharmacy to best utilize our custom designed “state of the art” clean room and IV preparation system.
• Connecticut based, Procare Employee I.V. nurse team
• Starts, Stats, with agency backup & redundancy.
• Laurie Santo, RN,CRNI - Director of IV Nursing Services
Procare offers IV Certification classes to our customers. Contact us today to register!
The following topics are covered in this presentation:• Anatomy & Physiology
• Regulatory Guidelines
• Legal Issues
• Device Selection
• Review of Venous Access Devices including appropriate care and maintenance
• Potential Complications and Interventions Hypodermoclysis Infection Prevention Documentation
• Electronic Infusion Pump set up and programming *Please note that return demonstration does not indicate Licensed Nurse is competent to perform procedure.
The following topics are covered in this presentation:• Review of Venous Access Devices including care and maintenance.
• Device Selection.
• Potential Complications and Interventions.
• Infection Prevention Documentation.
The following topics are covered in this presentation:• PIV insertion (return demo).
• Central Line Blood Collection (return demo).
• Implanted Venous Port Accessing/De-Accessing (return demo).
• Clearing Catheter Occlusions-Declotting CVADs (no return demo). • Removal of a PICC/Midline (no return demo).
The following topics are covered in this presentation:• Peripheral IV Insertion, Care and Maintenance (1-2 hours).
• This inservice includes a lecture, instructor demonstration and *return demonstration of short peripheral IV insertion.
• Care and maintenance are also discussed. (Maximum # of attendees not to exceed 10).
• *Please note that return demonstration does not indicate Licensed Nurse is competent to perform procedure. • *Classes including a return demonstration will be limited in size to allow each nurse adequate time with instructor.